4th Grade – 6th Grade
Welcome to GP Kids! We love our Cross Trainers (4th – 6th graders)! To get a clear idea of what to expect when visiting with GP Kids and to review check-in procedures, please follow this link. Click this link to see our GP Kids COVID-19 Update. See the drop-down menus below for all the programs offered to your Cross Trainer. We look forward to seeing you!
Sunday Morning Bible Class 9:00 A.M. – 9:45 A.M.
- On Sunday mornings, our 4th through 6th graders meet together upstairs (follow the Treehouse stairwell and turn left).
- The Cross Trainers are studying the Children Desiring God curriculum. This Bible study organizes lessons based on learning God’s attributes and character qualities. Children Desiring God also challenges young Bible students to investigate, to question, and to be very richly ROOTED in God’s Word!
- Remember to follow the Kids Check-In signs to collect your KidCheck name tag on your way to class or, for first-time guests, use a green temporary name tag.
Sunday Morning during Worship around 10:30-11:15 A.M.
Enjoy Family Worship!
We cherish times to worship with our little ones! We reserve the last Sunday of every month as a Family Worship Sunday. On these special Sundays, children remain with their families/guardians in the auditorium for the entire worship service. When children see their loved ones delight in the worship of God, it can stir the same longing in their hearts. We offer coloring pages, quiet activities, and books at the Welcome Center for your family to borrow. The nursery will remain available for children 6 months through 2-years-old (not yet in the 2-year-old class).
Wednesday Nights 6:30-7:30 P.M.
ROOTED Bible Drill + Character Encounters, 6:30-7:00
- Wednesday nights begin with our GP Kids from 4-years-old through 6th grade meeting together in our ROOTED Treehouse from 6:30-7:00 for a Bible Drill. We “Seek and Find” answers to questions in the Bible and recite the Bible Drill based on Paul Savage’s material that helps kids learn Bible facts and memorize Scriptures. Our GP Kids take an active role as our Bible Drill leaders! As our GP Kids memorize and master new Bible knowledge, they grow more deeply ROOTED in the Word and hopefully develop a deeper loving relationship with God.
- Once a month our collective group breaks from practicing the Bible Drill in order to meet a hero of faith from the Bible. When we have a Character Encounter in our ROOTED Treehouse, our GP Kids meet people from the Bible and hear stories from a first person perspective. Using costumes and specific Bible story related props, different GP members help the Bible come to life!
Age Level Class: Cross Trainers 7:00-7:30
- On Wednesday nights at 7:00, our students are dismissed from our whole group time and go to their age-level classes. Our Cross Trainers class is especially designed for our tween students in 4th-6th grades. On Wednesday nights, the Cross Trainers are studying the Route 66 curriculum. This Bible study gives a survey of all 66 books of the Bible! We pray these Cross Trainers are being more and more ROOTED in God’s Word, Christ’s love, and Church fellowship.